Friday, November 20, 2009

Tomato? Tomahto? I say Pecan Pie...

I'll be up front with you- I have no idea who this recipe belongs to in my family, but each Thanksgiving, this time honored favorite has a place on my Thanksgiving table.

Last year, I put together a 120 page cookbook of family recipes and fun pictures shared throughout the years and I simply had to include Aunt Jenny's (or is it Jeanne's?) Pecan Pie. It's been passed down through so many generations that we are not quite sure who deserves the credit!


This page in particular featured a photo from my own Grandmother's 1931 cookbook that she put together herself, by pasting different recipes clipped from newspapers and pasted into a "Daily Reminders" book dated 1931.

A nice coffee compliment? Our Southern Pecan Coffee, of course!
Great Aunt Jenny’s (Jeanne’s) Pecan Pie

We really have no idea who’s pie this is…Jenny, Jeanne, Janey, it’s all superfoulusly bedazzling anyway. You say tomato I say tomahto…One thing’s for sure – It’s absolutely delish!

9 inch pie shell – pillsbury
(1) 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt

Blend these ingredients together and spread in pie crust. Sprinkle with 1 ¼ cup chopped pecans.

In bowl mix:
1 cup clear karo syrup
1 cup sugar
3 eggs (whipped)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whisk these ingredients together. Pour over the mixture in pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Until firm set in center). It will look puffy.

Thanks for visiting!
Hostess with the Most-ess
http://www.rivercitybean.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment