Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Cheesecake to Remember

Cheesecakes are a funny thing. I always contended that people were afraid to make them, since you had to 1) learn what a spring form pan was and 2) actually buy one.

I got over my cheesecake phobia some time ago, and over the years, I have enjoyed sharing many variations with friends and family. It is the Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake, however, that is nearest and dearest to me.

The year was 2007 and I was feeling pretty good about this selection for my friend's annual Fall soiree. In fact, I was feeling so confident that when the knob fell off the oven, I just stuck it back on and went back to my mixing.

Not surprisingly, the dessert came out a lovely shade of black. I quickly donated it to my compost pile, and gave it a kick, for drama's sake. I'm happy to report that after putting the oven knob back on properly, Round Two came out simply delectable!

Many people save pumpkin desserts for around the Thanksgiving table, but it makes its way to my home as soon as the leaves begin to turn. My favorite coffee pairing is one from our Gourmet collection- Cinnamon Spice, is a perfect blend with just a hint of cinnamon (
http://www.rivercitybean.com/gourmet-flavoured.html).

I recently paired the two for a dinner party and it was a big hit. The only loser of the night? My compost pile, which will have to wait another day for a donation.

Thanks for visiting!
~Hostess with the Most-ess
www.rivercitybean.com


Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter, melted

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.

2.In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.

3.Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.

4.Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.

Recipe originally posted on allrecipes.com by Renee.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing...and congratulations on the new blog! I am looking forward to keeping up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Look forward to seeing you at the new store!

    ReplyDelete